Blessed Assurance The New Hymns Of Fanny Crosby
Fanny Crosby is one of the greatest American hymn writers of all time, writing songs such as Blessed Assurance, To God Be The Glory and copious hymns and songs that have been sung inchurches across the world for more than 100 years.
Even though there have been a multitude of hymnbooks and recordings of her songs, there were over 2,000 unpublished works written by Fanny Crosby, in the vaults of Wheaton College. Those works have now been made available to a select gathering of key worship songwriters, creating a new collection of hymns from the Fanny Crosby catalogue. Together, with a new recording of Blessed Assurance, these new hymns have been crafted with help from Krissy Nordhoff (Your Great Name),Stu G (Delirious? & One Sonic Society), Jon Egan (New Life & Desperation Band), All Sons & Daughters, Michael Farren and many others.
This unique project is releasing on the centennial of Fanny Crosby’s death, a unique and talented songwriter with a heritage which has been re-ignited. Complete with vocal performances from Blind Boys Of Alabama, Ricky Skaggs & the Whites,Ernie Haase, All Sons & Daughters, Paul Baloche, Israel Houghton and others.
- We Are Waiting (All Sons & Daughters)
- Not Be Moved (New Life Worship feat. Jon Egan)
- Hallelujah [King Of Glory] (Dustin Smith)
- In The Blood (Israel Houghton feat. Seth & Nirva)
- Blessed Savior, Fount Of Grace (Darlene Zschech)
- No One Like Jesus (Michael W. Smith)
- Blessed Assurance (Chris McClarney)
- In Life And Death (Greg Sykes)
- Wholly Thine (Meredith Andrews)
- The Savior Of All (Matt Redman)
- Come To The Water (Paul Baloche)
- I Have Found A Priceless Treasure (Ernie Haase & Signature Sound)
- All Is Well (Ricky Skaggs & The Whites)
- I Never, No Never (Elias Dummer)
- Where Could We Go (Blind Boys Of Alabama with Michael Farren)